I have found the recipe on "luxury" vanilla sugar on this blog Himmelske kager, which I decided to try out in connection with Christmas. I call it "luxury" vanilla sugar, as the vanilla content is much higher here compared to my usual home-made vanilla sugar, which only contains "empty" vanilla pods.
Putting my nose into the glass with this "luxury" vanilla sugar is "pure" heaven for my flavour receptors in my nose. The vanilla flavour is rich, velvet and very broad in into vanilla profile. I am looking forward to try it out in my kitchen.
- 250 g (cane) sugar
- 4 vanilla pods
- Cut the vanilla pods open and remove the vanilla corns.
- Mix the vanilla corns together with the sugar.
- Cut the vanilla pods into smaller pieces.
- Add the vanilla pods pieces into the vanilla.
- Let the vanilla sugar "mature" for 14 days before using it.